A member of the Litigation Department in the Kansas City office, Joseph E. Bant represents businesses and individuals in a broad array of civil disputes in state and federal courts. Joseph represents employers in wage claims and discrimination claims under state and federal laws. He also advises businesses and individuals on issues involving contract disputes, real estate disputes, non-compete agreements, trade secrets, secured transactions, personal injury claims, and other matters.
Joseph represents financial institutions and other businesses in consumer protection claims brought as individual claims and class actions. He also advises clients involved in appellate litigation in the Kansas and Missouri courts of appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
In addition to his legal practice, Joseph actively participates in recruiting activities for the Kansas City office.
- Commercial Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Appellate Litigation
- Banking Litigation
- Class Action
- Real Estate
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
- University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Kansas Law Review, 2006 - 2008 (note and comment editor, 2007 - 2008)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, top grade in Lawyering I and II Small Sections 2005-2006
- Lawyering I, teaching assistant, 2006-2008
- University of Kansas (B.S., highest distinction, 2005)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Earl E. O'Connor American Inn of Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas, Western and Eastern Districts of Missouri
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Board member, Myasthenia Gravis Association (2012-present)