Law Students: St. Louis
The summer associate program is our primary means of recruiting new attorneys. The summer associate program is designed to expose participants to the practice, personality and culture of our Firm and to enable them to demonstrate the professional qualities that we seek in our young lawyers. We hire law students with the intention and expectation that they will receive offers of permanent employment with our Firm upon their graduation or completion of judicial clerkships. Our summer associate salaries are competitive with those offered by other major St. Louis law firms.
Key Facts about our Summer Associate Program:
- Summer associates rotate through each of our departments during the ten-week summer program. The rotation format allows summer associates to perform varied work assignments in each of the Litigation, Corporate, Tax and Estate Planning Departments.
- Summer associates are given substantive assignments introducing them to our practice and our lawyers through a variety of everyday practice situations including courtroom activities, depositions, negotiation sessions, drafting and legal research.
- While there is a formal written review process, assigning attorneys are encouraged to informally review each project with the summer associate shortly after its completion. Summer associates receive an evaluation of their overall progress at the conclusion of each rotation period and a formal review is conducted at the end of the summer associate program.
- Summer associates attend any regularly scheduled associate development programs throughout the summer alongside the Firm's associates for some practical training.
- We schedule plenty of fun social functions in an effort to give our summer associates a chance to get to know our lawyers.
For more information about Lewis Rice's Summer Associate Program please contact Jennifer Beevers.