Jaime R. Mendez advises individuals who require sophisticated estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning. He handles sales to irrevocable grantor trusts, family limited partnerships, grantor retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and similar wealth transfer techniques. Jaime also advises individual and corporate fiduciaries in connection with estate and trust administration. He devotes a significant portion of his practice to representing individuals with estate and gift tax audits.
Jaime is active with charitable and civic boards, and he is also a member of several professional organizations. His peers selected him for inclusion in Best Lawyers® 2008-2024. Best Lawyers® named Jaime "St. Louis Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year" for 2022 and 2024. He is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Jaime is a former member of the Firm's Management Committee.
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Closely Held Businesses, Partnerships & Joint Ventures
- University of Missouri at Columbia School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (M.B.A., 1992)
- University of Missouri (B.S., 1985)
- Summer clerk, Bryan Cave LLP, Kansas City, MO (1995)
- Summer law clerk, Missouri Attorney General's Office, Jefferson City, MO (1994)
- American Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of St. Louis
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Member, University of Missouri at Columbia School of Law, Tax Law Society Advisory Board (2013-present)
- Former member, Saint Louis University Bequest & Gift Council
- Former Trustee, University City Uniformed and Non-Uniformed Board of Trustees
- Former member, Ronald McDonald House Charities Planned Giving Committee
- Former Estate Planning Board member, Make a Wish Foundation of Metro St. Louis
- Former member, Cardinal Glennon Gift Planning Committee
- Former member, Sheldon Arts Foundation Planned Giving Advisory Council
- Former Member, Management Committee