Our law firm brings its wealth of experience in governance, capitalization, commercial transactions, and regulatory matters to benefit businesses of all sizes, including those desiring legal assistance with early-stage venture capital. We represent businesses operating in a broad range of industries with a variety of legal needs.
Our attorneys have successfully represented clients in businesses such as construction, financial services, fund formation, information technology, manufacturing, professional services, retail, and other service areas and are familiar with the entity types through which these businesses operate. Specific examples of the matters on which we have worked include:
- Formation and start-up of businesses
- Agreements among owners regarding business relationships
- Succession planning
- Financing activities, including early-stage venture capital investments
- Negotiations on commercial transactions
- Evaluation of distributor or franchise agreement opportunities
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Investments into existing businesses
- Regulatory compliance matters
Lawyers within the Corporate Strategies Practice Group collaborate with their colleagues in the Firm’s other practice areas to provide coordinated counsel, including regarding matters such as banking, commercial lending, cybersecurity & data privacy, employment law, employee benefits, ERISA, environmental regulation, estate planning, intellectual property, litigation and other dispute resolution, real estate, and tax.