Representing clients involved in design and construction has long been a tradition at Lewis Rice. Our practice includes litigation as well as advisory and compliance work.
The Firm represents a wide variety of design and construction professionals, including engineers, architects, owners, construction managers, contractors, subcontractors, lenders, and sureties, in a variety of matters such as:
- Regulatory compliance and licensing issues at the local, state, and federal levels
- Contract drafting and negotiation, including review and negotiation of unique contracts and all industry standard forms (e.g., AIA and ConsensusDOCS)
- Claim counseling and documentation of claims, including work with scheduling and impact experts
- Filing and prosecution of mechanic's lien and payment bond claims
- Construction dispute resolution, including resolution of payment, defect, delay and impact claims in international and domestic arbitrations and in state and federal courts, in and outside of Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois
Although the Firm is involved in engineering and construction litigation on a nationwide basis, we are particularly suited to handle litigation throughout Missouri, Kansas, and Southern Illinois. Our attorneys regularly appear in the various state and federal courts within these jurisdictions.