Robert J. Golterman practices in several areas including labor and employment law, construction law, commercial litigation, ERISA litigation, and municipal law. His ERISA litigation practice includes representing one of the nation's largest issuers of group benefit insurance policies.
Rob wrote several articles and publications in the fields of employment and labor law. In this practice, he counsels employers and management in personnel-related matters (including discrimination lawsuits) as well as collective bargaining, grievance proceedings, and cases before the National Labor Relations Board. In the past, he has represented two municipalities in St. Louis County with a total population of 50,000. More recently, Rob represented five municipalities in St. Louis County in a lawsuit brought by another municipality challenging the County Sales Tax Law.
Rob is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, he was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2021, and St. Louis Business Journal named him among their "40 Under 40." He is a former President of Sunset Country Club and is a founding board member of Our Little Haven, a charitable organization providing residential and other programs for children whose lives are affected by HIV/AIDS or drug and alcohol addiction and dependency. Rob also serves on the Board of Directors of the St. Louis Sports Commission. As a valued member of Lewis Rice, Rob is a member of the Firm's Management Committee as well as the Recruiting Committee.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Labor & Employment
- Construction Law
- Municipal Law, Zoning & Finance
- Opportunity Zones
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal
- National Moot Court
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society
- Rockhurst College (B.S., cum laude, 1984)
- Financial Economics and Philosophy
- American Bar Association, Labor and Litigation Sections
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Municipal Lawyers Association
- Missouri Bar Association, Sports and Entertainment Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh and Eighth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri and Southern District of Illinois
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- City Attorney, Wildwood, MO
- Board member, Fred Weber, Inc.
- St. Louis Sports Commission
- Board of Aldermen, City of Crestwood, MO (elected April 1994; re-elected April 1996) (Ways and Means Committee; Tax Increment Financing Commission)
- Board of Directors, Our Little Haven, Inc.
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Financial Development Committee, American Red Cross, bi-state chapter
- Board of Directors, Junior Chamber Mission Inn Foundation
- Board of Directors, Sunset Country Club
- Member, School Board, St. Catherine Laboure
- Member, Management Committee
- Member, Recruiting Committee