Robert J. Golterman practices in several areas including labor and employment law, construction law, commercial litigation, ERISA litigation, and municipal law.
Rob has written several articles and publications in the fields of employment and labor law. In this practice, Rob counsels employers and management in personnel-related matters (including discrimination lawsuits) as well as collective bargaining, grievance proceedings, and cases before the National Labor Relations Board. His labor work has involved numerous labor organizations throughout Missouri and Illinois, including electrical works, dealings with operating engineers, teamsters and laborers. Rob's labor work is also a natural tie‑in with his construction law work in which he represents owners, contractors, and subcontractors in a variety of construction-related matters and issues.
Rob is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, he was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2022, and St. Louis Business Journal named him among their "40 Under 40." He is a former President of Sunset Country Club and is a founding board member of Our Little Haven, a charitable organization providing residential and other programs for children whose lives are affected by HIV/AIDS or drug and alcohol addiction and dependency. Rob also serves on the Board of Directors of the St. Louis Sports Commission. As a valued member of Lewis Rice, Rob is a member of the Firm's Management Committee as well as the Recruiting Committee.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Labor & Employment
- Construction Law
- Municipal Law, Zoning & Finance
- Opportunity Zones
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal
- National Moot Court
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society
- Rockhurst College (B.S., cum laude, 1984)
- Financial Economics and Philosophy
- American Bar Association, Labor and Litigation Sections
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Associated General Contractors
- Missouri Municipal Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh and Eighth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri and Southern District of Illinois
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Board member, Fred Weber, Inc.
- St. Louis Sports Commission
- Board of Directors, Our Little Haven, Inc.
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Financial Development Committee, American Red Cross, bi-state chapter
- Board of Directors, Junior Chamber Mission Inn Foundation
- Board of Directors, Sunset Country Club
- Member, School Board, St. Catherine Laboure
- Member, Management Committee
- Member, Recruiting Committee