Mark D. Eisemann's practice encompasses all aspects of real estate development, with an emphasis in theatre, retail, office, warehouse, and medical office leasing for both landlords and tenants.
Mark is familiar with the competing interests of developers, lenders, and occupants in mixed use urban and suburban developments, lifestyle/entertainment centers, regional malls, power centers, neighborhood centers, and industrial/warehouse parks. He understands that balancing these competing interests in negotiations requires creative solutions to fact-specific circumstances, clear and concise drafting, and an ability to understand the business objectives of the various interested parties.
Often dealing with complex redevelopment issues, Mark is experienced at drafting, negotiating, analyzing, and modifying redevelopment agreements, reciprocal easement agreements, cost sharing agreements, and ground leases. He strives to identify the important issues in a transaction early so that they can be promptly resolved and the transaction timely completed.
Mark’s representation of a national movie exhibitor has allowed him to work on transactions throughout the United States.
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, Mark has been listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business and in The Best Lawyers in America® (2019, 2021). Mark is also a Fellow in the American College of Real Estate Lawyers.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D.)
- Washington University Law Quarterly, Senior Editor
- Pomona College (B.A.)
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Past Chairman, Real Estate Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Urban Land Institute
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Board of Zoning Appeals, City of Mission Hills, Kansas
- Board Member, Greenworks of Kansas City
- Past Officer and Board Member, Menorah Heritage Foundation
- Helzberg Fellow and Past Community and Identity Chairperson, Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City
- Congregation Beth Shalom