Mark D. Eisemann's practice encompasses all aspects of real estate development, with an emphasis in theatre, retail, office, and medical office leasing for both landlords and tenants.
Mark is familiar with the competing interests of developers, lenders, and occupants in mixed use urban and suburban developments, lifestyle/entertainment centers, regional malls, power centers, and neighborhood centers. He understands that balancing these competing interests in negotiations requires creative solutions to fact-specific circumstances, clear and concise drafting, and an ability to understand the business objectives of the various interested parties.
Often dealing with complex redevelopment issues, Mark is experienced at drafting, negotiating, analyzing, and modifying redevelopment agreements, reciprocal easement agreements, and ground leases. He strives to identify the important issues in a transaction early so that they can be promptly resolved and the transaction timely completed.
One of Mark’s clients is a national movie exhibitor, and he represents them on transactions throughout the United States.
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, Mark is also listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business under Real Estate/Missouri and is a Fellow in the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. He was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in 2019.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D.)
- Washington University Law Quarterly, senior editor
- Pomona College (B.A.)
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Past Chairman, Real Estate Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Urban Land Institute
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Past Officer and Board Member, Menorah Heritage Foundation
- Past Sports Council Chairperson, Pembroke Hill School
- Helzberg Fellow and Past Community and Identity Chairperson, Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City
- Congregation Beth Shalom