John C. Hickey represents both lenders and borrowers on billions of dollars of mortgage loans on all types of commercial property including hotels, condominiums, golf courses, apartments, shopping centers, and residential developments. He also handles equipment leasing, mortgage warehouse financing, and asset-based lending.
John represents lenders and borrowers on real estate loans and loan workouts of all sizes and types. His practice includes representing real estate owners in negotiation of construction contracts, architect's agreements, and engineering agreements. AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, John was also selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 1999-2022 and was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® 2005-2013. Furthermore, he was named "Kansas City Real Estate Lawyer of the Year" for 2017 by Best Lawyers®.
- University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., 1979)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Kansas Law Review
- University of Kansas (B.S., 1976)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Adjunct faculty, real estate finance, University of Kansas School of Law
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Land Title Association
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
- Assisted ProPharma Group, Inc. in undergoing a major corporate reorganization including an infusion of venture capital funds from Jump Capital, a new line of credit with JPMorgan Chase, and the acquisition of a UK company, Professional Information Limited