Kylee K. Emert is an associate practicing general business law in the Corporate Department of Lewis Rice. Kylee has experience in general business and transactional matters. Her mergers & acquisitions practice involves representing buyers and sellers in large-scale acquisitions. Kylee's experience in these matters includes conducting initial due diligence review to identify high level issues; preparing drafts of ancillary documents; and facilitating correspondence between the associated parties.
Kylee also provides counsel on a range of securities law matters in many types of corporate finance and capital formation transactions. Specifically, Kylee has experience with highly complex, structured IPOs. She also is versed in the quarterly and annual reporting requirements for publicly traded companies.
Additionally, Kylee counsels a variety of large, mid-size, and small financial institutions on their corporate governance unique to state banks as well as on regulatory compliance.
Kylee spent a semester in college as a legislative intern at the Kansas State Capitol.
- Charleston School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2018)
- The Phillip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition Competitor (2017, 2018)
- Legal Research and Writing Teaching Fellow
- Dean's list; Presidential Honors Scholarship
- CALI Academic Excellence Awards in Property; Public International Law; Drafting Contracts, Loan Agreements, and Acquisition Agreements; International Business Transactions
- University of Kansas (B.A., 2015)
- English, minor in Public Policy
- Global Awareness Program Certificate
- Judicial extern, U.S. District Court, Charleston, South Carolina, The Honorable David C. Norton (2017)
- Summer associate, Blitz, Bardgett & Deutsch, LC (2017)
- Law clerk, Bryan Cave LLP (Summers 2014, 2015)
- Legislative intern for Rep. Jack Thimesch, Kansas State Legislature (Spring 2015)
- Missouri Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Advisor, Moot Court Team, Charleston School of Law