Our mergers and acquisitions attorneys provide counsel in all forms of transactions, from small asset purchases to multibillion-dollar public deals. We represent buyers and sellers in many industries, including financial institutions, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, healthcare organizations, and more.
Our attorneys have extensive experience with matters across the spectrum of acquisition structures and issues, and we have the benefit of drawing upon experts in other practices—such as our employment, intellectual property, securities, and tax groups—to provide comprehensive representation to our clients in any transaction.
Our experience includes:
- Auction processes, as a buyer or a seller
- Hostile takeovers and proxy contests, from each side of the transaction
- Dispositions and leveraged buyouts, including acquisitions and dispositions through bankruptcy proceedings
- Finance structure development and implementation for M&A transactions, ranging from simple bank debt financing to complex financing involving combinations of senior, mezzanine, and subordinated debt as well as redeemable and convertible preferred and preference stocks, warrants, options, notes, bonds, and other equities
- “Earn-out” or performance-based pricing and payment structures
We assist clients through every step of the merger and acquisition process: from target identification and due diligence, through the creation and negotiation of the definitive acquisition documents, to the closing and post-closing follow-up. We understand the urgency of the most competitive transactions, and we are staffed to provide service to our clients around the clock, enabling them to seize time-critical opportunities with the assurance of our legal counsel. We are experienced negotiators who work hand-in-hand with our clients to achieve the best substantive results, with agreements that provide for clarity and consistency after the closing.