For many years, Lewis Rice has been one of the leading law firms in Missouri in providing legal services to health care clients. In recent years, our Health Care Practice Group has expanded in response to the growing needs of its clients.
We have extensive experience with virtually every business and legal issue confronting the health care industry. Our attorneys handle a variety of matters including:
- Regulatory compliance and corporate compliance programs
- System and network development
- Hospital/physician alignment structures
- Managed care contracting, administration, and insurance of such facilities
- Medical staff organization, peer review, and disputes
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and other third-party billing and claims management
- Federal claims defense
- Provider licensing and accreditation issues
For a more complete list of services to our health care clients, involving other practice areas of Lewis Rice, see our Comprehensive Counsel tab.
Our wide range of clients includes:
- Health insurers
- Integrated health systems and networks
- Academic medical centers
- Managed care organizations (PPOs and HMOs)
- Long-term care facilities
- Ancillary service and medical equipment providers
- Physicians, physician organizations, and other physician initiatives
We counsel for-profit, nonprofit, and governmental organizations, addressing the unique needs of each.
The Firm maintains a significant library of current treatises and publications on health care law. Through modern computerized research capabilities, our attorneys are kept abreast not only of prevailing laws and regulations, but of proposed laws and regulations and agency positions still in their developmental stages.
Our attorneys maintain their knowledge of current developments in health care law in the day-to-day resolution of client issues and through participation in health care symposia, local health care groups, and continuing legal education programs.