Kristen T. Southworth is an associate in the Firm’s Estate Planning and Probate Department. She has experience drafting various estate planning documents including wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, and medical directives.
In law school, Kristen participated in the Elder Law Clinic where she assisted in guardianship proceedings as well as with navigating issues related to Medicaid appeals. She also served on the editorial board of the Law Journal and was a student-leader of the Immigration Detention Project. Kristen was a teacher’s assistant for Legal Research and Writing.
Prior to law school, Kristen owned and operated Shiloh Hill Hens Farm. She is conversational in German.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2018)
- Hiram H. and Rosalee Lesar Scholarship
- Natural Resources Law Scholarship Award; ALI-CLE Scholarship Award
- Administrative editor, Southern Illinois University Law Journal
- Secretary, Women's Law Forum
- The Colorado College (B.A., 2008)
- Religion, concentration in Eastern Religion and Philosophy
- Law clerk, Illinois Supreme Court, Chief Justice Lloyd Karmeier (Fall 2017)
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2017)
- Summer associate, Feirich, Meger, Green, Ryan (2016)
- Member, Estate Planning Council of St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Member, Young Friends Board of Jazz St. Louis