Missy A. McCoy advises clients in a wide variety of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, and financing. She assists clients with real estate aspects of renewable energy projects including review of title and survey matters, leases, and easements. Missy has significant experience drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, closing documents, complex office leases and amendments, utility easements, and more. She is frequently involved in the preparation and negotiation of loan documents on behalf of clients, and she is knowledgeable in Ch. 99 and Ch. 353 tax abatement applications for development projects as well as the formation of community improvement districts. Missy also assists clients in obtaining tax-exempt bond financing of eligible projects.
Prior to joining Lewis Rice, Missy was an associate at Husch Blackwell.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Managing Editor, Missouri Law Review (2011-2012)
- 2012 Class Campaign Co-Chair
- Dean's list; 1L Moot Court Finalist; Student Ambassador
- Truman State University (B.S., cum laude, 2002)
- Associate, Husch Blackwell (2013-2018)
- Law Clerk, Supreme Court of Missouri, The Honorable Mary Rhodes Russell (2012-2013)
- Missouri Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Board Chair, Gateway Greening, Inc.