Our environmental, chemical, and toxic tort practice includes litigation, advisory, and compliance work. Our attorneys are experienced in private litigation, regulatory enforcement actions, and administrative proceedings before agencies across the country, including the Missouri and Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Agency Region V and Region VII, and the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency.
- Legal issues regarding dioxin, asbestos, PCBs, lead and other heavy metals, and pentachlorophenol
- Claims for personal injury including cancer, cognitive and attention deficits, immune diseases, and a wide variety of other illnesses
- Claims for property damage, site remediation, and medical monitoring
- Environmental and Safety regulatory compliance including CERCLA, RCRA, the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, and OSHA
- Brownfield and Remediation Projections
- Environmental issues in real estate development and mergers and acquisitions
- Air, water, and hazardous waste permits for manufacturing, trucking, and service industry clients
- Criminal environmental investigations, in which we represent individuals and companies involved as targets, subjects, or witnesses
Our clients also regularly utilize our environmental services in connection with real estate acquisitions and other types of corporate transactions. In addition, we counsel our financial institution clients regarding potential environmental liabilities associated with their lending activities.