Brian J. Figueroa is a Member of the Firm’s estate planning and probate department. He advises high net worth individuals and families in many aspects of their personal and business affairs, including sophisticated estate and wealth preservation planning, business succession planning, prenuptial agreements, charitable planning, trust modifications and the preparation of federal gift and estate tax returns. Brian also represents and assists individual and professional fiduciaries in the administration of complex estates and trusts.
Brian establishes personal, long-term relationships with his clients, and guides them through the legal, tax, financial and family issues in their unique situations with empathy and compassion. He enjoys working closely with his clients and their other advisors to navigate the ever-shifting planning landscape and ensure that the planning implemented ultimately reflects the client’s desired outcome.
During law school, Brian spent two summers with Lewis Rice as a summer associate, and he was a Dean’s Scholar and served on the editorial board of the Saint Louis University Law Journal.
Brian is a member of the Firm’s Recruiting and Technology Committees. He was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars® in 2018-2020 as well as in Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch for 2021. In 2020, Brian was also selected for Class II of the Heart of America Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013)
- Order of the Woolsack
- Dean’s Scholar
- Academic Excellence awards in Legal Research and Writing I, Gift & Estate Taxation, Commercial Transactions, and Partnership Taxation
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, articles editor
- Elon University (B.A., 2007)
- Political Science, Business Administration minor
- Presidential Scholarship
- Intern, Saint Louis University Elder Law Clinic (August-December 2012)
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2011, 2012)
- Paralegal specialist, Division of Financial Practices, Federal Trade Commission (2008-2010)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Planned Giving Advisory Council, American Red Cross, St. Louis Area Chapter
- Young Professional Board, First Tee of Greater St. Louis (2015-2016)
- Member, Young Friends Committee, Marian Middle School (2013-2015)
- Member, Elon Career Network (2008-2013)
- Member, Recruiting Committee
- Member, Technology Committee