Brian J. Figueroa is an associate in the Firm's estate planning and probate department. He focuses his practice on estate and gift tax planning and has experience in the drafting of various estate planning documents including wills, trusts, prenuptial agreements, durable powers of attorney, and medical directives.
Prior to joining Lewis Rice, Brian served as a paralegal specialist in the Federal Trade Commission's Division of Financial Practices, where he was awarded the Janet D. Steiger Award for his contributions to the agency. During law school, he was a Dean's Scholar and served on the editorial board of the Saint Louis University Law Journal.
Brian is a member of the Firm's Recruiting Committee. He was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars® in 2018-2019.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013)
- Order of the Woolsack
- Dean’s Scholar
- Academic Excellence awards in Legal Research and Writing I, Gift & Estate Taxation, Commercial Transactions, and Partnership Taxation
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, articles editor
- Elon University (B.A., 2007)
- Political Science, Business Administration minor
- Presidential Scholarship
- Intern, Saint Louis University Elder Law Clinic (August-December 2012)
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2011, 2012)
- Paralegal specialist, Division of Financial Practices, Federal Trade Commission (2008-2010)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Young Professional Board, First Tee of Greater St. Louis
- Member, Young Friends Committee, Marian Middle School
- Member, Elon Career Network
- Member, Recruiting Committee