Pamela E. Barker has practiced environmental law for more than 25 years. She is a national leader of the bar in this area, and she is the past Chair of the American Bar Association's Section of Environment, Energy and Resources. Additionally, Pam is a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, an honorary organization of lawyers, judges, and legal scholars whose careers have demonstrated outstanding dedication to the welfare of their communities and to the highest principles of the legal profession. She also serves in the House of Delegates for the ABA, and she is a Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL).
Pam's practice has focused on assisting clients with the environmental aspects of real estate and corporate transactions, and with regulatory compliance. She has experience in real estate development (including environmental due diligence, land acquisition, construction contracts and leasing) and in negotiating the environmental terms of merger and acquisition agreements. Pam has managed the legal aspects of brownfield projects, dealt with federal and state agencies on compliance and enforcement issues, and assisted clients in managing environmental litigation.
Before joining Lewis Rice, Pam most recently served as Chief Environmental and Regulatory Counsel at Appvion, Inc., a specialty paper manufacturer headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin. Prior to that, she practiced for more than 25 years at Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. in Milwaukee.
Pam is a frequent speaker on environmental and sustainability topics and is AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- University of Wisconsin at Madison (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Dean's list, Dean's Outstanding Academic Award
- American Jurisprudence Award, Contracts
- Member, Wisconsin Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Beloit College (B.A., cum laude)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Mortar Board
- Chief Environmental and Regulatory Counsel, Assistant General Counsel and Assistant Secretary, Appvion, Inc. (2014-2015)
- Executive Director Environmental Health and Product Safety, Assistant General Counsel and Assistant Secretary, Appvion, Inc. (2007-2013)
- Shareholder and Co-Chair of Environmental Energy Practice Group, Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. (1981-2007)
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL) (2017-present)
- House of Delegates, American Bar Association (2017-present)
- Past Chair, Environment, Energy and Resources Section
- Member, ABA Task Force on Sustainability Financial Disclosures (2016)
- Member, Board of Directors, Wisconsin Paper Council (2012-2015)
- Member, Board of Directors, Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council (2008-2015)
- Appointed Court Commissioner for the Honorable Dennis P. Moroney, Milwaukee County Circuit Court (2002-2016)
- Member, Board of Visitors, University of Wisconsin Law School
- Missouri Bar
- Wisconsin Bar