Kelly M. Gorman is a corporate attorney with a practice focused on employee benefits and health care compliance matters, as well as insurance law and general corporate matters. In her employee benefits practice, Kelly assists clients with qualified employee health and pension plans in areas ranging from design and qualification to administration and termination. In addition to advising clients with respect to the ERISA and tax compliance of their benefit plans, Kelly assists employers with other types of non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements, such as incentive-based, supplemental, and severance/retention plans.
Kelly also works with a variety of health care clients, including health insurers, managed care organizations, providers, and third party administrators. She has experience in regulatory compliance at both the federal and state levels, as well as in managed care contracting and similar payor or insurer licensing areas.
In the area of real estate, Kelly has experience negotiating leases, drafting joint venture agreements, and assisting in financing transactions. In her general corporate practice, Kelly is knowledgeable in general business and transactional matters including structuring new entities, reviewing and drafting agreements, and assisting in acquisitions and dispositions.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor, Missouri Law Review
- Academic excellence awards in Secured Transactions, Business Organizations, Professional Responsibility, and Landlord/Tenant Law and Practice
- Truman State University (B.S., cum laude, 2012)
- President's Distinguished Leader Award
- Honors Convocation Student Speaker
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2014)
- Judicial intern, United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri (2013)
- Student intern, Missouri State Public Defender (2010-2011)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- St. Louis Area Health Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Young Professionals Board, Needy Paws Rescue
- Young Friend, Planned Parenthood