Kelly M. Gorman is a corporate attorney with a practice focused on employee benefits and health care compliance matters, as well as insurance law and general corporate matters.
In her employee benefits practice, Kelly assists clients with qualified retirement plans, welfare benefit plans, fringe benefit plans, and executive compensation plans in areas ranging from design and qualification to administration and termination. In addition to advising clients with respect to the ERISA and tax compliance of their benefit plans, Kelly assists employers with other types of non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements, such as incentive-based, supplemental, and severance/retention plans.
Kelly also works with a variety of health care clients, including health insurers, managed care organizations, providers, and third party administrators. Her health care and corporate practice includes acquisitions, joint ventures, provider network, and managed care contracting. Kelly also assists with regulatory matters such as Stark Law; fraud, and abuse; HIPAA, Medicare, and Medicaid billing; and third-party payer issues.
In her insurance practice, Kelly has experience with acquisitions, strategic alliances, insurance holding companies, regulatory compliance, reinsurance, mandated benefits, operational issues, and self-insured arrangements. She represents a variety of health insurance companies, prepaid dental plans, and health care providers.
Kelly was selected by her peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch for 2021-2023.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor, Missouri Law Review
- Academic excellence awards in Secured Transactions, Business Organizations, Professional Responsibility, and Landlord/Tenant Law and Practice
- Truman State University (B.S., cum laude, 2012)
- President's Distinguished Leader Award
- Honors Convocation Student Speaker
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2014)
- Judicial intern, United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri (2013)
- Student intern, Missouri State Public Defender (2010-2011)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- St. Louis Area Health Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar