Kelly M. Gorman is a corporate attorney with a practice focused on employee benefits and health care compliance matters, as well as insurance law and general corporate matters. In her employee benefits practice, Kelly assists clients with qualified employee health and pension plans in areas ranging from design and qualification to administration and termination. In addition to advising clients with respect to the ERISA and tax compliance of their benefit plans, Kelly assists employers with other types of non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements, such as incentive-based, supplemental, and severance/retention plans.
Kelly also works with a variety of health care clients, including health insurers, managed care organizations, providers, and third party administrators. She has experience in regulatory compliance at both the federal and state levels, as well as in managed care contracting and similar payor or insurer licensing areas.
While in law school, Kelly served as a volunteer for the IRS's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. She also interned with Mid-Missouri Legal Services. Kelly was an Associate Editor for the Missouri Law Review and published an article, "Missouri Court Limits the Reach of the Pollution Exclusion," in the Spring 2014 edition of the journal. That semester, Kelly was awarded the Mendes Hershman Award from the American Bar Association's Business Law Section.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor, Missouri Law Review
- Academic excellence awards in Secured Transactions, Business Organizations, Professional Responsibility, and Landlord/Tenant Law and Practice
- Truman State University (B.S., cum laude, 2012)
- President's Distinguished Leader Award
- Honors Convocation Student Speaker
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2014)
- Judicial intern, United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri (2013)
- Student intern, Missouri State Public Defender (2010-2011)
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar