John J. Hall concentrates his practice primarily in the areas of business reorganizations, bankruptcy, loan restructuring, commercial finance transactions, and creditors' rights. His practice includes representation of national, regional, and state banks as well as secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy courts and other federal and state courts. He handles a variety of complex matters including Section 363 asset sales on behalf of debtors and purchasers; negotiation; documentation and obtaining approval of debtor-in-possession financing; cash collateral stipulations; adequate protection payments; and strategic counseling and negotiation of Chapter 11 plans. He also represents creditor's committees and trustees in commercial bankruptcy cases.
In addition, John represents various commercial banks, leasing companies, and other financial institutions in various aspects of secured lending, asset-based lending, and leasing transactions including the documentation of transaction documents and the preparation of closing opinions. John also assists various municipalities and government entities in connection with financial restructuring, insolvency, and bankruptcy-related matters.
John is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1993)
- Faculty Fellow - Professor Roger Goldman
- American Jurisprudence Award
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., cum laude, 1990)
- Associate, Summers, Compton, Wells & Hamburg, P.C. (1995-1998)
- Law clerk, Hon. James J. Barta, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, Eastern District of Missouri (1993-1995)
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Bankruptcy Section (Co-Chair, 2000-2001)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Board member, St. Louis LaSalle Leadership, Inc.
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri, Southern and Central Districts of Illinois
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar