H. Jill McFarland is a corporate attorney with a practice focused on health care, corporate, and employee benefits matters. She has experience regarding regulatory and compliance issues in the health care industry and in managed care contracting. Jill represents various types of health care clients including health insurers, managed care plans, pharmacy benefits managers, behavioral health organizations, hospitals, and physician groups.
Jill is also knowledgeable in the areas of real estate, general business and transactional matters, and mergers and acquisitions. She works with a broad range of corporate clients such as corporations and nonprofit entities, banks and bank holding companies, and universities and school districts.
Prior to beginning her legal career, Jill worked in the managed care industry for more than 10 years, focusing primarily on network development. She negotiated contracts across the nation with preferred provider organizations, physician hospital organizations, hospitals, physician groups, and ancillaries. She provided cost containment consultation for one of the country's largest hospital chains in addition to numerous other self-funded employers. Managing provider relations and credentialing departments fostered Jill's developing strong knowledge in various reimbursement methodologies and accreditation requirements.
Jill serves as the Co-chair for the Firm's Recruiting Committee.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal
- Legal Research and Writing, research assistant
- Academic Excellence awards in Legal Research and Writing I & II, Civil Procedure I & II, Secured Transactions, Health Care Law
- Law School Dean’s Honor Scholar (three-year scholarship)
- Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (M.B.A., 2002)
- University of Illinois (B.S., 1999)
- Health Administration and Planning
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2010)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Missouri Society of Hospital Attorneys
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis Area Health Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis
- Co-chair, Recruiting Committee
- Former Member, Audit Response Committee
- Manager, corporate contracting & network development, Centene Corp. (2006-2010)
- Director, network development, HealthSCOPE Benefits, formerly CNA Health Partners (2000-2006)
- Assistant to CFO, St. Mary's Hospital (1999-2000)