The Firm has a long tradition of representing companies involved in the transportation industry. Additionally, attorneys in the Firm's Corporate Department often work with transportation clients on a wide array of business matters.
We represent clients across the industry in various roles including:
- Defending trucking companies, inland marine companies, and railroads in a variety of cases involving personal injury and alleged property damage, including workers' compensation and Jones Act claims asserted by company employees
- Defending transportation clients in governmental cleanup and cost recovery actions, as well as private party cost recovery actions under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Advising on issues arising under government acts including CERCLA, RCRA, The Clean Water Act, and The Clean Air Act
- Filing applications for air, water, and hazardous waste permits for various types of trucking, manufacturing, and service industry clients
- Representation before government agencies, including the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Agency Region VII, and the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, advising on settlement negotiation, private litigation, regulatory enforcement actions, and administrative proceedings