Stanley C. Johnston served as the Chairperson of the business, tax, and estate planning department at the Lewis Rice Kansas City office from 2001 - 2017. He has extensive experience in corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, business representation, corporate tax, business contracts, family succession, and exit strategies. Stan's business tax background and nearly four decades of experience make him uniquely suited to give sophisticated legal advice to closely held businesses, entrepreneurs, and nonprofit entities. He offers practical solutions to the myriad of legal issues and challenges facing today's companies.
Stan is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Closely Held Businesses, Partnerships & Joint Ventures
- Business & Corporate Finance
- Information Technology
- University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Law (LL.M., 1987)
- Southern Methodist University School of Law (J.D., 1980)
- Southwestern Law Review
- Southern Methodist University (B.A., 1977)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Adjunct Professor, corporate taxation and taxation of Subchapter S Corporations, University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Law (1988-1998)
- Member, Husch & Eppenberger, LLC (1987-1998)
- Associate, Stuart Johnston and Associates (1985-1987)
- Associate, Brown, Koralchik & Fingersh (1981-1985)
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (Diversity Committee, 2011-2013; Audit Committee, 2011-present; CLE Advisory Committee, 2005-2007; Chairman, Business Law Committee, 2002-2003)
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
- Texas Bar
- Assisted ProPharma Group, Inc. in undergoing a major corporate reorganization including an infusion of venture capital funds from Jump Capital, a new line of credit with JPMorgan Chase, and the acquisition of a UK company, Professional Information Limited
- Corporate counsel for numerous non-profit organizations including Kansas City Streetcar Authority and Raised with Love and Limits Foundation
- Assisted German conglomerate Keller & Kalmbach GmbH in its United States expansion through the acquisition of Infinity Fasteners Inc.
- Assisted a major manufacturing company in engaging in a tax-free spin-off where a retail sales division was spun off from an industry specific manufacturing and wholesale division