Sonette T. Magnus counsels corporate clients through all phases of commercial litigation, including pre-suit evaluations, discovery, mediation, expert witness preparation, trial preparation and when advisable, trial. She regularly creates and implements litigation strategy, always being mindful of the external factors that can influence a trial (such as geography, socio-economic realities, and jury composition). Sonette represents clients in State and Federal Courts throughout United States.
Sonette also practices in the Governmental Solutions and Administrative Law Department, where her experience includes implementing practical strategies to achieve business results and influencing public policy in the greater St. Louis area. She focuses on bridging strategic alliances between the public and private sector, particularly shepherding public-private partnerships.
Prior to joining Lewis Rice, Sonette practiced at a mid-size local law firm, and she was a law clerk to Chief Judge Kathy A. Surratt-States of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Sonette was selected by her peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch for 2021.
- Advertising, Promotions & Social Media
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Workouts
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Media & Communications
- Information Technology
- Government Solutions & Administrative Law
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Certificate in Intellectual Property and Technology Commercialization
- Order of Barristers National Honor Society
- 2009 Student Legal Services Outstanding Caseworker Award
- 2009 State Bar of Georgia Labor Law Section Award
- University of Toronto, St. George Campus (B.A., with distinction, 2006)
- Criminology and Political Science
- Law Clerk, Kathy A. Surratt-States, Chief Judge, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, EDMO (2009-2015)
- Interim Director, Legal Studies Study-Abroad Program, Webster University, Legal Studies Department (2015-2016)
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Bankruptcy, Introduction to Law and International Law Courses, Webster University, Legal Studies Department (2011-present)
- Advisory Board Member, Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal
- 2014 Leadership Summit Delegate, Networking Planning Committee, Midwest Chapter, International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Former Director of Fox2 News Call a Lawyer Program, Former YLD Treasurer, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Trustee, Federal Practice Memorial Trust
- Registered Lobbyist
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
- Georgia Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Board of Directors, Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis