R. Taylor Matthews, III ("Taylor") primarily represents clients involved in complex commercial disputes in state court, federal court, and arbitration. Taylor has extensive experience in both prosecuting and defending complex “bet the company” and mission critical cases across many industries. He also represents clients in environmental, chemical, toxic tort, class action, franchise, banking, white collar criminal, and regulatory reporting and investigation matters.
Taylor frequently assists clients with managing software license compliance risk and resolving IT implementation disputes.
Taylor was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars® 2014-2018.
Taylor is the Co-chair of the Firm's Recruiting Committee, he serves on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and he is a member of both the Missouri and Illinois Bar Associations.
- Alcohol Distribution
- Commercial Litigation
- Class Action
- Franchise & Other Distribution
- Investigations and White Collar Crime
- Environmental, Chemical & Toxic Tort
- Information Technology
- Opportunity Zones
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, Eagleton Symposium managing editor
- Dean's Scholar
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 2005)
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2006, 2007)
- Intern, St. Louis City Public Defender's Office (January-May 2008)
- Judicial intern, Hon. Catherine D. Perry, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri (January-May 2007)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern Districts of Missouri
- Co-chair, Recruiting Committee
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee