R. Taylor Matthews, III ("Taylor") represents and advises clients involved in complex commercial disputes in state court, federal court, and arbitration. Taylor has extensive experience in both prosecuting and defending complex cases with claims for breach of contract, negligence, tortious interference, fraud, indemnity, and injunctive relief, among others. He also represents clients in environmental, chemical, toxic tort, class action, franchise, and white collar criminal matters.
Taylor frequently assists clients with managing software license compliance risk, including working with clients to minimize Information Technology spend and audit exposure both proactively and after receipt of an audit notice.
Taylor was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars® 2014-2017.
Taylor is the Co-chair of the Firm's Recruiting Committee, and he is a member of both the Missouri and Illinois Bar Associations.
- Alcohol Distribution
- Commercial Litigation
- Class Action
- Franchise & Other Distribution
- White Collar Crime
- Environmental, Chemical & Toxic Tort
- Information Technology
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, Eagleton Symposium managing editor
- Dean's Scholar
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 2005)
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2006, 2007)
- Intern, St. Louis City Public Defender's Office (January-May 2008)
- Judicial intern, Hon. Catherine D. Perry, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri (January-May 2007)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern Districts of Missouri
- Co-chair, Recruiting Committee