Missouri Construction Law From Start to FinishMarch 31, 2022 – National Business Institute
Whether you are new to the construction practice or are looking for a comprehensive refresher, this online seminar will cover multiple issues that must be taken into consideration in the realm of construction law. Join our experienced faculty as they cover a broad, basic overview of the construction process; the fundamentals of construction contracts and key provisions; the basics of insurance; and the impact changes and delays can have on a construction project.
- Learn the roles of all parties involved in the construction process.
- Discuss the critical elements that need to be included in comprehensive construction contracts.
- Discuss how mechanic's liens work and how to properly file a lien.
- Walk through the fundamentals of insurance and its importance in construction.
- Learn how delays can impact a construction project and how to work through them if they arise.
- Run through the claims process in construction cases.
To register for this seminar, click under "Resources" below.
Patrick J. Thornton practices primarily in the area of construction law. He represents all types of entities in the construction industry, including owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, design professionals, and others. Patrick represents clients both large and small—private companies, municipalities, homeowners associations, small businesses, and individuals. His practice includes both transactional and dispute resolution matters.