Nathaniel J. "Nate" Lowis is an associate practicing general business and transactional law in the Corporate Department of Lewis Rice, with a special focus on commercial real estate transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
In his commercial real estate practice, Nate assists clients across a variety of industries in connection with acquisition, sale, development, leasing, and financing transactions. Nate’s experience in these matters includes drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, loan documents, leases, easements, assignments, deeds, and various other closing and ancillary documents; reviewing and analyzing title commitments, title pro formas, and surveys; analyzing and devising strategies to address land use and zoning issues; and performing real estate diligence on merger and acquisition transactions.
In his mergers and acquisitions practice, Nate regularly conducts due diligence reviews and prepares drafts of deal documents, including disclosure schedules and closing and ancillary documents.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2021)
- Dean's List
- Academic Excellence Award for Highest Grade in Commercial Transactions, Negotiations, and Corporate Finance
- Washington University in St. Louis (B.A., 2018)
- Psychological & brain sciences; political science
- Dean's List
- Captain, Varsity Football
- National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame Hampshire Honor Society
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2019, 2020)
- Legal intern, Paramount Bank (2020)
- Legal intern, Sangamon County State's Attorney's Office (2017)
- Missouri Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Friend N' Deed (Springfield, Illinois)