Michael P. Davidson is a member of the Corporate Department, focusing his practice on health law. He has experience in advising hospitals and other health care providers on all matters affecting their operations. Mike advises his clients on hospital/physician alignment structures; tax exemption and tax-exempt bond financing; compliance with Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and HIPAA; Medicare participation and reimbursement; licensure and accreditation; religious sponsorship; medical staff issues; and general corporate matters.
Also experienced in transactional advising, Mike has a breadth of knowledge concerning structuring, negotiating, documenting, and closing health care transactions to help his clients achieve their strategic objectives. He also works with clients to reduce legal and business risks through analysis of transaction structures; negotiation and drafting of letters of intent and definitive agreements; financing of transactions through redemption or defeasance of tax-exempt bonds; and obtaining all necessary consents, approvals, and licenses.
Mike was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for 2020, and he was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars® 2014. Prior to joining Lewis Rice, Mike practiced with the firm of Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Certificate in Health Law
- Journal of Health Law, staff editor
- Professor Jesse Goldner Faculty Fellow
- Academic Excellence Award
- Northwestern University (B.A., with distinction, 1997)
- History minor
- Dean’s List
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP (associate, 2006-2013; partner, 2013-2014)
- Adjunct professor of health care law, Washington University in St. Louis (2015-present)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Missouri Society of Health Care Attorneys
- St. Louis Area Health Lawyers Association
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Board of Directors, Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, St. Louis Chapter
Honors & Awards
- Named "Rising Star" in Health Care, Missouri and Illinois Super Lawyers (2014)