Representative IP Experience
Michael works with clients across a range of industries in their complex intellectual property disputes. Some recent highlights of his experience follow.
- Represented an accused infringer against allegations of patent infringement involving machines for producing personalized financial and other integrated circuit cards
- Represented a manufacturer of medical orthotic devices against a competitor in a patent infringement lawsuit resulting in a favorable settlement
- Defeated four inter partes review (IPR) petitions filed by a competitor at the institution decision phase
- Won grant of summary judgment for drug manufacturer in lawsuit alleging breach of contract, misappropriation of an idea, and unfair competition
- Represented a patent owner in a patent infringement lawsuit involving encryption methods for printing security images on financial instruments resulting in a favorable settlement following appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit