Bo is committed to giving back to her community. Some of her current civic leadership roles include:
Board Member & Secretary, Edward Mallinckrodt Foundation
The Edward Mallinckrodt, Jr. Foundation is a private foundation that funds basic biomedical research in St. Louis and throughout the United States. The mission of the Foundation is to support early stage investigators engaged in biomedical research that has the potential to significantly advance the understanding, diagnosis, or treatment of disease.
Chair, ACCESS Academies
Founded in 2005, ACCESS Academies (Academies Creating Challenging Education for St. Louis Students) ensures that socially and/or economically disadvantaged students in the St. Louis area have access to top-quality, values-based education regardless of race, ethnicity, or religious affiliation.
Board Member, Saint Louis University
Saint Louis University is governed by a board of trustees encompassing business, civic, and religious leaders, many of whom are SLU alumni. The board elects the president and is responsible for oversight and governance of the University.
Member, Board of Governors, Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital Foundation
Cardinal Glennon Children's Foundation provides the financial support necessary for delivering exceptional health care in state-of-the-art facilities to all children in need of care.
Other leadership roles have included:
- Board Member, Pershing Foundation
- Board Member, Lesley Waldheim Foundation
- Past member, Board of Trustees, Chaminade College Preparatory, St. Louis, MO
- Past Chairman, Board of Directors, Academy of the Visitation
- Past Chair, St. Louis Archdiocesan Parish Teacher's Compensation Committee
- Past member, Saint Louis University Alumni Council
- Past member, Development Committee, Girl Scout Council of Greater St. Louis
- Past member, Board of Catholic Services for Children
- Past member, Endowment Council, St. Louis Art Museum Foundation