Lisa A. Veselich concentrates her practice on estate and gift tax planning. She has extensive experience with family limited partnerships, grantor retained annuity trusts, sale to intentionally defective grantor trusts, and qualified personal residence trusts. Lisa provides thoughtful counsel to her clients on issues such as generation-skipping transfer tax and multi-generational planning, as well as on charitable gift planning matters including charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, and support of charitable foundations and organizations. She is also experienced in probate and trust administration matters and the drafting of complex estate plans.
Lisa serves her clients with a unique perspective, as she holds a certified public accountant certificate.
Included in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012-2018, Lisa was also named "Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year” for 2013 and 2015 by Kansas City Best Lawyers, and is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Charitable & Cultural Taxation
- University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Dean's Honor Roll
- UMKC Law Review
- William Jewell College (B.S., summa cum laude, 1991)
- Partner, Husch Blackwell (2002-2014)
- Associate, Husch & Eppenberger (1994-2002)
- Estate Planning Society of Kansas City
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Donald H. Chisholm Planned Giving Council, Children's Mercy Hospital