Lauren R. Carey is a corporate attorney with a practice focused on general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, and securities. Lauren also assists clients in the areas of advertising, promotions, and social media law.
In her mergers and acquisitions practice, Lauren regularly conducts due diligence reviews, coordinates data room administration, and negotiates and drafts deal documents, including purchase and sale agreements, disclosure schedules, and closing and ancillary documents.
In her securities practice, Lauren assists clients with securities offerings and periodic reporting requirements, including annual and quarterly reports.
In her advertising, promotions, and social media practice, Lauren advises clients on legal issues related to advertising, endorsements, and consumer promotions. She regularly conducts advertising clearances for legal compliance and drafts licenses, publicity rights releases, and other related agreements.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advertising, Promotions & Social Media
- Information Technology
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2016)
- Salutatorian; Order of the Woolsack; Dean's list
- Academic Excellence Awards in Contracts II, Property, and Remedies
- Recipient of the Clinical Legal Education Association (CLEA) Outstanding Clinical Student Award
- Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society
- University of Missouri (B.S., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Business Administration - Marketing, minor in Philosophy
- Dean's list; University of Missouri Honors College Student
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Summer Associate, Lewis Rice (2014, 2015)
- Judicial extern, Hon. Rodney Sippel, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri (2015)
- Student legal intern, Saint Louis University School of Law Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic (2016)
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Longest Day committee member, Alzheimer's Association Greater Missouri Chapter