As a member of the Estate Planning Department, Kimberly B. McDermott focuses her practice on developing and implementing tax and estate plans for individuals and families. Specifically, she advises clients on wills, trusts, administration of trusts and estates, preparation of gift and estate tax returns, antenuptial agreements, and asset protection.
Kim also has considerable experience in applying wealth transfer techniques including the use of limited partnerships, limited liability companies, buy-sell and shareholder agreements, intra-family loans, sales to defective grantor trusts, and other gifting practices. In addition, she has experience in estate administration and in gift and estate tax audits.
Kim has extensively worked on a wide variety of matters for owners of closely held businesses, including issues related to corporate governance; sales and acquisitions; plans for ownership or management succession and procurement; and maintenance and restoration of status as an S corporation.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2001)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, editor
- Order of the Woolsack
- Dean’s Scholar
- University of Illinois (B.A., 1998)
- Omicron Delta Epsilon, Pre-Law Club
- Member, Estate Planning Council of St. Louis
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar