As a respected attorney in the Firm’s Litigation Department, Justin M. Ladendorf prides himself as being someone you can count on to get the job done.
Justin is a seasoned litigator with a proven track record of success enforcing clients’ rights and defending their interests before state and federal courts and administrative agencies in disputes spanning an array of subject matters.
Justin prosecutes cases on behalf of commercial landlords, equipment lessors, service providers, and other creditors seeking to regain possession of their property and recover money owed to them. He has produced favorable results for clients in these cases, including by obtaining prejudgment writs of attachment against bank accounts, securing temporary restraining orders requiring the immediate return of leased equipment, winning summary judgments awarding immediate possession of leased spaces, and winning trials resulting in judgments awarding clients their full damages plus attorneys’ fees.
Justin also devotes a significant portion of his practice to representing employers. He counsels them regarding everyday HR matters, such as pre-employment screening practices, leave and accommodation issues, and termination decisions; he represents them in proceedings before state and federal agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, and the National Labor Relations Board; he defends them against individual and class claims, such as claims for alleged discrimination and claims for alleged violations of wage-and-hour and other employment laws; and he enforces their rights against former employees for violations of post-employment restrictive covenants, such as non-compete agreements, customer and employee non-solicitation agreements, and confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements.
In addition to defending employers, Justin has extensive experience defending other clients in disputes involving breach of contract claims, fraud claims, statutory claims, and many others. For example, he has successfully defended lenders against claims for alleged fraud and wrongful foreclosure, landlords against claims for alleged breaches of lease and alleged violations of the Fair Housing Act, equipment lessors and other service providers against claims for alleged breaches of contract and fraud, and individuals against claims for alleged breaches of trust, alleged breaches of post-employment obligations, alleged defects in title to real property, and alleged non-compliance with statutory obligations.
Outside of work, Justin is actively involved in the community. As a first-generation college graduate mindful of the opportunities that an education can provide, Justin currently serves as a board member and secretary for Aim High St. Louis, which provides a year-round academic enrichment program for middle school students from challenging circumstances and environments.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- Order of the Woolsack
- Judge Robert G. Dowd Sr. Appellate Advocacy Award
- Saint Louis University Law Journal
- Millikin University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2012)
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2013, 2014)
- Missouri Coalition for the Right to Counsel, Special Public Defender (April 2017–July 2019)
- Legal Intern, Madison County State's Attorney's Office (January-October 2015)
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Raymond W. Gruender, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (January-May 2014)
- Judicial Intern, Hon. A.G. Webber, IV, Macon County Courthouse (June-August 2012)
- Legal Intern, Macon County State's Attorney's Office (June-August 2011)
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Western District of Missouri
- Southern District of Illinois
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Board of Directors, Secretary, and Governance Committee, Aim High St. Louis.
Honors & Awards
- Missouri & Kansas Rising Star, 2018-2022