As a respected associate in the Firm’s Litigation Department, Justin M. Ladendorf prides himself as being someone you can count on to get the job done.
Justin is experienced in prosecuting and defending contentious commercial lawsuits of all types, including collection and foreclosure disputes for banks and other creditors; lease disputes between landlords and tenants; employment disputes involving the enforcement of restrictive covenants and compliance with anti-discrimination and wage and commission laws; and breach of contract disputes concerning business transactions in the finance, real estate, and construction industries.
As a testament to the confidence the Firm’s clients and partners place in him, Justin has served as first-chair for two bench trials and as second-chair for another, a feat many lawyers do not accomplish until further in their careers. In all three trials, Justin secured a judgment in favor of the client that included nearly all of the client’s attorneys’ fees.
In addition to handling ongoing lawsuits and disputes, Justin also provides day-to-day counsel to help businesses navigate legal and regulatory compliance issues, with particular experience advising on the implementation and maintenance of sound lending, collection, and employment practices.
Outside of work, Justin is involved in the community. As a first-generation college graduate mindful of the opportunities that an education can provide, Justin currently serves as a board member and as governance co-chair for Aim High St. Louis, which provides a year-round academic enrichment program for middle school students from challenging circumstances and environments.
Justin was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars® in 2018-2019 as well as in Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch for 2021.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- Order of the Woolsack
- Judge Robert G. Dowd Sr. Appellate Advocacy Award
- Saint Louis University Law Journal
- Millikin University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2012)
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2013, 2014)
- Legal Intern, Madison County State's Attorney's Office (January-October 2015)
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Raymond W. Gruender, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (January-May 2014)
- Judicial Intern, Hon. A.G. Webber, IV, Macon County Courthouse (June-August 2012)
- Legal Intern, Macon County State's Attorney's Office (June-August 2011)
- Young Professionals Committee, Risk Management Association
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Southern District of Illinois
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Board of Directors and Governance Committee, Aim High St. Louis