Griffin A. Lowry practices in the Corporate Department of Lewis Rice as an associate.
While primarily helping clients navigate various business and transactional matters, including structuring and formation, real estate and construction transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity financings, Griffin maintains a hybrid practice that includes a focus on creditors’ rights.
In that regard, Griffin provides strategic advice and counsel to lenders and other creditors involving loan workouts, forbearance agreements, and foreclosures, as well as the prosecution of (and collection from) borrowers, other debtors, and guarantors. He also represents clients in state and federal courts throughout Missouri and Illinois in collection-related disputes, and he has acted as receiver’s counsel in numerous cases involving distressed multi-family developments.
Griffin also practices construction law, where he helps clients navigate the entire life-cycle of a construction project, from initial negotiation and drafting through any subsequent disputes, which may involve litigation, mechanic’s liens, or payment bond claims.
In all of these contexts, Griffin sees his role as a trusted advisor who helps clients solve complex problems.
Prior to law school, Griffin worked as an analyst for Credit Suisse in Manhattan where he gained valuable business experience. He also remains passionate about amateur athletics and coaches football at his alma mater, St. Louis University High School.
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Workouts
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Construction Law
- Real Estate
- Alcohol Distribution
- Municipal Law, Zoning & Finance
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 2019)
- Certificate in Business Law
- CALI Awards in Financial Literacy & Basic Financial Concepts; The Interaction of Business, Government, and Public Policy in a Democratic Society
- Scholar in Law Scholarship Recipient (merit based)
- Columbia University (B.A., 2014)
- Dean's list
- 2014 Columbia Football's Phil Fusco Memorial Leadership Award
- Varsity football
- Sigma Chi Fraternity - Nu Nu Chapter
- Legal intern, Office of the St. Louis County Counselor (2019)
- Judicial intern for the Honorable Judge John A. Ross, United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri (2018)
- Summer associate, Lewis Rice LLC (2017, 2018)
- Legal intern, The Finn Group (2014)
- Missouri Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Assistant Football Coach, St. Louis University High School
- Alumni mentor, Columbia Football Players Club
- Former Court Appointed Special Advocate in St. Louis City Family Court, CASA of St. Louis
- Rotational analyst, Credit Suisse (2014 - 2016)