Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Litigation
121 Fourth Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37201
The American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (ALI CLE) 2020 Conference for Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Litigation will be held in Nashville, TN on January 23-25, 2020. Lewis Rice member Meghan S. Largent along with judges, appraisers, consultants, and law professors round out the prestigious group of over 60 speakers sharing their knowledge and experience with attendees.
This year's conference topics include:
- Property Rights as Civil Rights: Seeking Justice Though the Fourth and Fifth Amendments
- Making Sense of the New Rules After Knick v. Township of Scott: Where Do I Go, What Do I Do?
- When A River Runs Thought It: Water Rights and Takings
- Passive Takings by Government Inaction
- Show, Don't Tell: The Dos and Don'ts of Demonstrative Evidence
- Is Close Enough Good Enough? Establishing the Date of Valuation in Direct and Inverse Cases
- Creative Approaches to Solving Difficult Appraisal Problems
- All You Need is Love: New Frontiers in Alternative Dispute Resolution in Eminent Domain
- Road Warriors: Building and Trying an Eminent Domain Case From Your Laptop
- Special Benefits: The Givings Clause?
- How To Try and Settle Pipeline Cases
- Going Where No Court Has Gone Before: The Tension Between the Courts and Appraisal Methodology
- Responding to Project Changes: Valuing a Taking When Government Action Changes or is Ongoing
- Responding to the Abuse of Motions in Limine
- Surviving the Daily Fistfight: Finding Your Resilience When Every Day is a Battle(ethics)