2023 Privacy Roundup: Steps to Compliance
Five states - California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia - have enacted comprehensive privacy laws designed to increase protections for consumers' personal data, provide consumers with certain rights to control their personal data, and regulate businesses’ use of consumers’ personal data, including sensitive personal data. These laws are set to take effect in 2023, and the time to begin the compliance process is now. Whether your business will be subject to all of these new state laws or only one of them, you have a lot to consider.
- Can you take a universal approach to compliance?
- Are there nuances in these laws you need to account for?
- What does compliance entail from start to finish?
- What does compliance look like internally versus externally and why do those differ?
- What are your ongoing obligations?
Lewis Rice attorneys Billee Elliott McAuliffe and Melissa G. Powers will walk you through these questions and more.
In particular, this webinar will provide participants with the tools necessary to analyze the applicability of the various privacy laws to their businesses and focus on the practical aspects of compliance.
CLE credit will be available.