Breweries, Wineries, and Distributorships
Emily regularly serves breweries, wineries, and alcohol distributors in sales and acquisitions of equity, assets, and distribution rights from the pre-transaction planning stage through post-closing. Her skills and experience extend to the negotiation of letters of intent, due diligence investigation, the drafting of purchase and sale agreements, and the preparation of necessary closing documents, all with an eye toward the laws and regulations that are specific to the alcohol beverage industry.
Emily is also experienced in the negotiation and drafting of distribution agreements, contract brewing agreements, and other commercial contracts that are critical to the operation of breweries, wineries, and distributorships.
- Representation of a national brewery in its acquisition of craft brewers nationwide.
- Representation of a beer distributor in its disposition of various distribution rights throughout the state of Florida.
- Representation of a Missouri statewide distributor of wine, spirits, beer and non-alcoholic beverages in its acquisition of the distribution rights of another Missouri beverage wholesaler.
- Representation of a beverage development and branding firm in the drafting and negotiation of various agreements.
- Representation of a beverage holding company in its potential purchase of a craft brewer in Utah.
- Representation of a national brewery in its potential purchase of a California alcoholic seltzer brewing business.
- Representation of a beer distributor in the sale of its northeast Colorado wholesale beverage business.
- Representation of an investment company in a joint venture involving the negotiation of a master distribution agreement and contract brewing agreement with a beverage manufacturer and distributor.
- Representation of a Missouri wine distributor in the sale of its business to a Missouri beverage distributor.
- Representation of a beverage distributor in its purchase of a northern Virginia wholesale beverage distribution business.