Emily K. Bardon represents both publicly and privately held companies across several industries, including fashion, consumer goods, food and beverage, entertainment, technology and manufacturing. She works closely with clients on corporate and transactional matters ranging from mergers and acquisitions to the negotiation and drafting of various commercial contracts, and she is experienced in advising state and nationally certified women-owned businesses. Emily is also experienced in transactions involving alcohol suppliers and distributors, including the sale and acquisition of distribution rights and the negotiation of distribution agreements, contract brewing agreements, and intellectual property licenses.
In addition to her corporate work, Emily represents underwriters and issuers in connection with municipal bond financings both within and outside the state of Missouri.
Emily was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars® in 2018-2022.
Prior to beginning her legal career, Emily worked in the television industry, assisting in the production of many live sports broadcasts in the Midwest region.
- Veteran, Women, and Minority-Owned Business Enterprises
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Information Technology
- Public Finance
- Alcohol Distribution
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Order of the Woolsack
- Academic Excellence Award Recipient
- Saint Louis University Public Law Review, lead articles editor
- University of Missouri at Columbia (B.A., cum laude, 2006)
- University of Missouri at Columbia (B.J., magna cum laude, 2006)
- Magazine Journalism
- Associate, The Stolar Partnership LLP (2009-2013)
- Summer associate, The Stolar Partnership LLP (2007, 2008)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Mentorship committee member, Women in Public Finance
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Secretary, Board of Directors, St. Louis Guns ‘N Hoses Boxing Association
- Board of Directors, Amanda Luckett Murphy Hopewell Center
- Community Advisory Board on Early Education, Nine Network of Public Media
- Volunteer Attorney, St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- Focus St. Louis, Emerging Leaders Program Graduate (Fall 2018 cohort)
- Volunteer attorney, Brazen St. Louis (2017-2019)
- Board member, St. Louis Crisis Nursery Young Professional Board (2012-2018)
- Board member, Good Shepherd School for Children (2009-2015)