Our attorneys use decades of experience at various levels of collegiate athletic programs to lead and manage projects of all scopes and sizes. In an ever-changing and increasingly competitive market, we are committed to helping intercollegiate athletic departments align their mission, vision, and goals with educational institutions while meeting the needs of today’s student-athletes, fans, alumni, donors, and other key constituents with offerings that include:
- Full-scale investigations in areas such as policy and procedure violations, discrimination, sexual harassment, and hazing and bullying
- Programmatic reviews focusing on elements such as sport offerings, organizational structure, revenue enhancement opportunities, gender equity and Title IX, leadership development, facilities, and more
- Enrollment growth and net tuition revenue analysis
- The divisional reclassification and conference realignment process, from consideration to acceptance
- Development of strategic plans
- Development of comprehensive employee policy and procedure manuals and student-athlete handbooks
- Sponsorship and media rights analysis
- Review, assessment, and audit of NCAA compliance operations
- Name, image and likeness policies and procedures
- Executive search services for coaches and administrators
Lewis Rice attorneys proudly serve institutions throughout all divisions of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), and National Junior College Athletics Association (NJCAA) along with athletic conference offices. Our unique combination of education law and athletics experience enable us to successfully address many of the important topics impacting intercollegiate athletic departments.
Visit our Sports Advisory & Consulting practice page to learn more about our experience in this area.