Our education law practice represents both public and private schools in a variety of legal matters. Drawing from more than 100 years of experience, Lewis Rice is a full-service law firm providing the highest-quality representation to education clients. Our attorneys offer a broad range of knowledge earned from representing and advising schools in all aspects of their operations.
Our attorneys always remember that the focus of educational institutions is to prepare students for bright futures. We are committed to assisting clients to create environments where staff can concentrate on providing quality education. To achieve these goals, our attorneys offer a full range of legal services:
- Board policies and procedures preparation and review, including student and personnel handbooks
- In-service training for administrators and staff
- Special education matters including IDEA and Section 504
- General employment, personnel, and finance matters including bonds and property tax
- Labor relations including elections and negotiations
- Civil rights of students and staff, related to speech, religious expression, and discrimination
- Student discipline and tenured teacher dismissal, regarding due process and board hearings
- School construction concerning property acquisition and bid procedures
- Public elections
The Education Law Practice Group focuses on developing a proactive approach to serving the needs of our clients. To this end, our attorneys strive to help prevent and minimize legal expenses and liability. A focus of the practice is on regular, systematic training designed to continually inform clients and ensure they are kept abreast of current legislative proceedings at the local, state, and federal levels.
Additionally, we help our clients incorporate current best practices into their policies, procedures, and regulations.