David W. Brown advises clients engaged in public and private financings, securities transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. He represents underwriters, placement agents, issuers, and other parties in equity and debt transactions including registered public offerings, private placements, and municipal bond financings. Over the past several years, Dave has participated in transactions resulting in the issuance of more than $10 billion of securities, and he is a frequent speaker to trade and other groups on various aspects of securities law.
Dave regularly counsels clients starting a new business, considering buying or selling a business, seeking to make or receive capital investments in existing businesses, or needing to restructure their company's existing debt or equity. In this last capacity, he represents entrepreneurs seeking to raise capital to establish new businesses and companies negotiating new or revised terms with lenders or other stakeholders. Dave also represents sellers in their negotiations with both financial and strategic buyers as well as investors seeking to purchase or invest in existing businesses.
Dave was an adjunct professor at Washington University School of Law, where he taught a course in mergers and acquisitions for 10 years, and he is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Public Finance
- Banking & Financial
- Municipal Law, Zoning & Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Boston College Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1995)
- University of Massachusetts (Master of Education, 1988)
- Trinity College (B.A., 1984)
- Adjunct professor, mergers and acquisitions, Washington University School of Law (2008-2017)
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar