Curtis C. Calloway practices employment law, defending employers in cases involving allegations of unlawful harassment, employment discrimination, or wrongful discharge. He also represents employers in various administrative proceedings involving claims of harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour compliance issues. In addition, Curt advises his clients on day-to-day personnel matters, such as compliance with FMLA and ADA obligations, and drafts appropriate handbooks, personnel policies, and manuals as well as employment, severance, confidentiality, and non-competition agreements for employers.
Curt litigates extensively in cases involving non-competition restrictions and trade secrets with successful enforcement of restrictive covenants and defense of non-competition restrictions at the trial and appellate level in a vast array of industries and professional services businesses.
Curt also has extensive experience in arbitration cases within the context of employment, including the handling of multiple proceedings conducted by the American Arbitration Association and FINRA.
A substantial portion of Curt's practice also involves representation of various public sector clients on all employment-related matters, including public sector bargaining, civil service commission and personnel commission hearings, drafting of policies and procedures for municipalities and other governmental bodies, handling of disciplinary actions, and compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
An author of numerous articles, Curt is a frequent speaker at professional and client seminars. He addresses topics regarding protection of business information, non-competition restrictions, employment discrimination, and various other personnel and employment issues critical to management compliance with state and federal employment laws and efforts to avoid or reduce the prospect of employment litigation.
Licensed in the states of Illinois and Missouri, he practices extensively in the federal and state courts of Missouri and Illinois, and he also represents clients in several other states.
Curt was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® 2009-2017 and is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Additionally, his peers have selected him for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014-2018.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 1983)
- Order of the Coif
- Washington University School of Law Dean F. Hodge O’Neal, research assistant
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, student intern
- The Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 1979)
- Social Work
- Dean’s List, 1975-1979
- Renaissance Scholar, 1975-1979; Renaissance Scholarship Fund Board of Directors, class representative (1977-1979)
- Phi Eta Sigma, Phi Kappa Phi, and Phi Beta Kappa Academic Honor Societies
- American Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Seventh and Eighth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of Missouri and Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Ten Year Service Recognition Award, Volunteer Lawyers Program (1995)