Corey M. Schaecher defends an array of clients in civil and commercial litigation. His civil litigation practice focuses on defending corporations in various complex tort-based personal injury claims in state and federal courts throughout the country that often involve product liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, environmental, toxic tort, chemical exposure, contamination, and various related causes of action. Corey is also involved in various aspects of commercial litigation for the same and other entities. He has broad experience in all aspects of litigation from initial filing through verdict, and he has provided extensive counseling to clients regarding a variety of products, exposure allegations, and complex medical issues. Corey utilizes his Certificate in Health Law from Saint Louis University School of Law in his role of national litigation counsel for various pathology laboratories and medical service providers.
Prior to joining Lewis Rice, Corey was an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Shook, Hardy & Bacon, where he worked in the Litigation and Public Policy Groups defending pharmaceutical companies and other product manufacturers. With the Policy Group, he gained extensive experience in pursuing clients' civil justice interests and helping in liability-related matters through legislative efforts, law review articles, white papers, amicus briefs, and more. Corey has published multiple law review articles on matters related to pharmaceutical industry liability; mass tort litigation trends; attempts to expand the tort of public nuisance into product- and climate-based claims; and the abuse of medical diagnostic practices in mass tort litigation.
Corey was selected for inclusion in Missouri and Kansas Rising Stars® 2014-2017, and he previously served for two years as the Defense Research Institute's (DRI) Young Lawyer Liaison to the Health Care and Medical Liability Committee (2013-2015).
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Certificate in Health Law
- Saint Louis University Public Law Review, managing editor
- Truman State University (B.S., cum laude, 2005)
- Blue Key National Honor Fraternity
- Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Fraternity
- Associate, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P., Washington, DC (September 2008-November 2010)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Young Lawyer Liaison to the Medical Liability and Health Care Law Committee, Defense Research Institute (DRI) (2012-2013)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri and Southern District of Illinois
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
- District of Columbia Bar