B. Joseph Harris is an associate in the Kansas City office of Lewis Rice. Joe focuses much of his practice on estate and gift tax planning and has experience drafting various estate planning documents including wills, trusts, prenuptial agreements, durable powers of attorney, and medical directives. Additionally, Joe has experience in many aspects of tax planning for partnerships, LLCs, and corporations, including business and succession planning, and he has extensive knowledge on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Joe was selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch for 2021-2022.
- University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Law (LL.M., 2020)
- University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019)
- Business Law Association
- UMKC Law Review
- KCEPS 1st Place Award, "The Myron E. Sildon Excellence in Estate Planning" (2018)
- CALI Awards for Corporate Tax, Partnership Tax, Deferred Compensation, Business Planning
- Legal intern, Lewis Rice LLC (2019)
- Contracts Group intern, INTL FCStone, Inc. (2018-2019)
- Legal intern, Missouri Department of Revenue (2017-2018)
- Honors Internship Program, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) - Kansas City Division (2017)
- Kansas Bar
- Missouri Bar