Lewis Rice's Alcohol Distribution Practice Group provides a broad range of corporate and litigation services to clients, including advising on disputes arising from termination of distribution relationships; the acquisition and sale of distributorships and alcohol distribution rights; federal, state, and local licensing and regulatory compliance; tax planning; intellectual property issues; and more.
Disputes Involving Distribution Rights
The Lewis Rice Alcohol Distribution Practice Group has significant experience in advocating for its clients' franchise rights, particularly with respect to the Missouri Franchise Law. A demonstration of Lewis Rice attorneys' experience representing clients in disputes involving the termination of alcohol distribution rights occurred in the Fall 2014 trial Major Brands v. Diageo and Glazer's. Read the case study.
We frequently advise our clients contemplating transactions involving alcohol distribution, including the acquisition and transfer of distribution rights and the negotiation of distribution agreements with suppliers. Our attorneys draw on their deep experience in such areas as mergers and acquisitions, tax, regulatory compliance, and estate planning to successfully navigate these often complex transactions.
Comprehensive Guidance for Alcohol Beverage Industry Clients
Our Alcohol Distribution Practice Group's services center on advising distributors and retailers on a full spectrum of legal issues related to alcohol law, including
- Regulatory compliance and licensing
- Dispute resolution including litigation and appellate representation
- Acquisition and sale of distribution rights
- Tax compliance and planning
- Governmental relations and representation
- Trade practices and customs matters
- Defense against administrative or enforcement actions
- E-commerce and Internet marketing
- Protection of intellectual property rights
- Interstate and international trade and shipping
- Bankruptcy and creditors' rights concerns
- Marketing and advertising compliance
- Alcohol legislation and advocacy environment, land use, and water laws