After serving as general counsel and vice president for Quinpario Partners LLC and Quinpario Acquisition Corp. 2, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, Sara F. Melly focuses her practice on corporate and transactional matters including corporate governance, general business matters, mergers and acquisitions, legal due diligence, deal financing, securities compliance, and negotiating and drafting a variety of commercial contracts. Additionally, Sara represents corporate creditors in loan workouts, out-of-court restructuring transactions, acquisitions and divestitures, bankruptcy proceedings, and state and federal court litigation. Sara also helps to maximize her clients' recovery in all aspects of collateral recovery, including foreclosures, asset sales, and post-judgment collection efforts. Sara has extensive experience litigating a variety of commercial disputes in federal and state trial courts in Missouri and Illinois, the Missouri Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of Missouri.
Sara was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars® 2009 and 2012 and was included in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® 2013 and 2014.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- University of Arkansas (B.A., magna cum laude, 2002)
- Political Science
- General Counsel and Vice President, Quinpario Partners LLC, (2014-2016)
- General Counsel, Vice President, and Secretary, Quinpario Acquisition Corp. 2 (2014-2016)
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP (2005-2014)
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar