Peter M. DiGiovanni has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions including the development of retail, office, and mixed use projects; sales and acquisitions; and landlord/tenant relationships. Pete is particularly knowledgeable in theater projects, counseling American Multi-Cinema, Inc. for more than 30 years and representing developers such as Westfield, LLC on theater developments. He represents developers of regional malls and community shopping centers, power centers, and office and mixed use projects throughout the country. He also represents national and regional tenants in connection with their lease negotiations and fee acquisition of sites across the United States. Pete has negotiated or supervised the negotiation of more than 1,000 commercial leases on behalf of both landlords and tenants, and he also has extensive experience in representing regional mall developers in their negotiations with department store anchors.
Pete is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 1999-2017, and was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® 2005-2014.
- University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., 1976)
- University of Kansas (B.A., 1971)
- Political Science
- Adjunct professor, The Legal Context of Real Estate Decision Making, joint program of the Lou White School of Real Estate, Bloch Business School, and the University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Law (2009-2014)
- Adjunct professor, The Development and Ownership of Commercial Real Estate, Lewis White School of Real Estate, Bloch Business School, University of Missouri at Kansas City (Fall 2008)
- Adjunct professor of law, Commercial Real Estate Finance, University of Kansas School of Law (1985-1989, 2001-2002)
- Member, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Former Chairman, Real Estate Law Committee, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
Honors & Awards
- Named as a "Leader in Missouri" by the Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business, The Client's Guide