Michele M. McCue represents client interests primarily in commercial leases, real estate sales and acquisitions, development and redevelopment, and financing. Michele's commercial leasing practice encompasses retail, office, warehouse, and other commercial leasing, including her representation of national retail operators in the leasing and acquisition of properties throughout the country. Recently, she provided legal assistance for in-fill mixed-use projects as well as development and redevelopment of shopping centers and apartment buildings. Other recent representations include the acquisition of an intermodal facility, and assisting local clients with developments of residential and townhome projects.
Having largely represented banks, insurance companies, and other lenders early in her career, Michele has first-hand knowledge of financing transactions from the perspectives of both the lender and borrower. She integrates her legal knowledge of these transactions with her experience in retail, industrial, office, residential, and mixed-use developments to successfully address the specific needs of each project.
As Vice President and Counsel of Stewart Title Incorporated (STI), Michele managed operational, administrative, and procedural aspects of the company's commercial division. In this position, she gained invaluable insight in real estate title and underwriting matters.
Michele was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2008-2017.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- Washington University Law Quarterly
- Fisse Scholar
- Missouri State University (B.S., magna cum laude, 1983)
- Board of Regents Scholar
- Vice President and counsel, Stewart Title Incorporated (1993-1994)
- Associate, Smith, Gill, Fisher & Butts (1988-1993)
- Associate, Beckett & Steinkamp (1986-1988)
- American Bar Association
- Assistant editor, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Journal
- Property Law Committee, Missouri Bar
- Real Estate Law Committee, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar