As a corporate attorney, Leonard J. Essig advises banks, savings associations, investment advisers, and other financial service providers. He is knowledgeable in a broad range of matters such as regulatory compliance and enforcement; executive compensation; mergers and acquisitions; and the structure, authority, and activities of his clients' companies and their affiliates. Len also advises companies in a wide range of industries on general corporate and securities matters including corporate governance, public company reporting and securities compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and public offering and private placement securities transactions.
Prior to joining Lewis Rice in 1993, Len was an attorney for the Office of Thrift Supervision in Washington, DC. He is a frequent speaker on banking and financial services issues and was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® 2005. Additionally, Len has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2017.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- Duke University (M.A., 1989)
- Terry Sanford Institute of Public Policy
- University of Missouri at Columbia (B.A., 1985)
- Political Science
- Senior attorney, Office of Thrift Supervision, Office of Chief Counsel, Corporate and Securities Division (1989-1993)
- American Bar Association, Section on Business Law
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bankers Association
- Missouri Bar
- North Carolina Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Board of Directors, Shooting Star Productions (Youth Theatre) (2010-present)
- Board of Trustees, Nazareth Living Center Foundation (2012)