Kyle M. Binns practices within the Real Estate Department in the Kansas City office of Lewis Rice LLC. Kyle represents lenders, borrowers, developers, debt buyers, owners of retail centers and office buildings, retail and office tenants, and other entrepreneurs in a wide variety of real estate and general business matters.
Kyle handles numerous real estate matters in Missouri and Kansas, including extensive title review, commercial and residential foreclosures, lender and borrower representation in various aspects of real estate finance including acquisition financing and loan workouts, issuance of local counsel enforceability opinion letters, creditor representation in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases, land sales and acquisitions, apartment acquisitions, research involving complex real estate issues, drafting of condominium declarations and other governing land use restrictions, miscellaneous litigation related to those real estate matters, and judgment debtor asset investigation.
Kyle has extensive experience representing purchasers of debt instruments in connection with the monetization of those assets, including a large institutional client that purchased distressed and performing loan portfolios from the FDIC and other institutional lenders. He also represents a large Kansas City-based credit union in connection with various loan and other business matters.
Kyle has also served as Vice-Chair and Chair of the Real Estate Section of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association in 2014 and 2015, respectively, through which he has coordinated the presentation of continuing legal education seminars pertaining to real estate matters. In addition, he currently assists in an adjunct role with John Hickey's Real Estate Finance class at the University of Kansas School of Law.
- University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Order of the Coif
- Kansas Law Review, 2005 - 2007 (note and comment editor, 2006 - 2007)
- Teaching assistant, Lawyering, 2005 - 2007
- University of Kansas (B.S., 2004)
- Business Administration (concentration in Finance)
- Chair, Real Estate Section, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (2015)
- Vice-Chair, Real Estate Section, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (2014)
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Participant, 2012 - 2013 KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar