John J. Moellering's practice consists exclusively of the representation and counseling of employers in the full spectrum of labor and employee relations matters, including litigation. In traditional labor law, John has represented employers in union avoidance training, union organizing campaigns, handling strikes and picketing issues, contract negotiations, arbitrations, and contract administration matters. He has handled numerous Representation and Unfair Labor Practice proceedings before the NLRB in various regions across the United States, including appeals before federal appellate courts. In addition, John represents management in employment-related litigation in federal and state courts in actions involving Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, ERISA, the FMLA, state anti-discrimination statutes, and various state law theories such as wrongful discharge and non-competition disputes.
Having authored articles on labor and employment-related matters, John is also a frequent speaker before business and professional groups, covering a wide range of personnel-related topics such as union avoidance, equal employment law, sexual harassment training, wage-hour issues, wrongful discharge, and OSHA and related personnel matters.
John is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 1977)
- Wiley Rutledge Moot Court Champion
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., summa cum laude, 1974)
- Herman Crown Award for Excellence in Finance
- Sophomore year in Angers, France - Certificate de Langue, 1972
- American Bar Association, Labor and Litigation Sections
- National Retail Federation Committee on Employment Law
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Committee of Labor and Employment Law, Associated General Contractors of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri, Southern District of Illinois
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar
Charitable & Civic Activities
- Past President, Frederick Lane Homeowners' Association